Welcome
Welcome to Beacon Academy RP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[Student] Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali - zekeinnovia

All accepted applications go in here.

[Student] Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali - zekeinnovia

Postby zekeinnovia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 pm

Student

Character Info
Name: Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali
Race: Human
Class: Freshman

Character Background:
Ib is from Mistral, and grew up very underclass. He lived a rough existence, most of his family rarely around and he had to grow up on the rough streets. He fought and survived, fighting those who challenged him. He usually came home beat and bloody. He continued training, getting taller and stronger and after doing some dirty jobs moved to vale with what little money he had. He worked at nights at a local book shop, as he could lift hte books and reach the higher shelves. He became engrossed in learning about hunters and after more training ended up taking the exam to join in, without a weapon, passing on his physical strength alone.

Strengths

Martial Prowess: Ib (pronunced EEB...) is an exceptional hand to hand combatant. He is fast and precise in his actions, enough so he refuses to use a weapon saying "it will slow me down."

Physical Strength: Ib is very physicaly Strong. He can dead lift 500 lbs though he usually doesn't try to use this strength to often.

Specialized Mindset: Ib is gifted only when it comes to combat and survival situations. He can recognize patterns and come up with ingenious solutions to mission problems, but outside it, he struggles in the classroom and in social interactions (weakness and strength)

Weaknesses

Tragically Colourblind: Is very colourblind and fails to work with any color based instructions.

Specialized Mindset: Ib is gifted only when it comes to combat and survival situations. He can recognize patterns and come up with ingenious solutions to mission problems, but outside it, he struggles in the classroom and in social interactions (weakness and strength).

Bad Attitude: Tends not to get along with many, finding the mission more important than bonding with comrades. He has a lot to learn about the value of friendship and camaraderie.

Pretty women: Ib is known to dislike fighting women and often refuses flat out.

Combat Information
Weapon

Does not use a weapon.

Semblance

Knight:

Ib gains an exoskeleton that grants him enhanced durability in fighting. It essentially turns his skin into an armor, granting him greater durability. A side effect of this is that his punches are bolstered by the same armor, giving him offensive prowess and defensive prowess at the same time. . His aura cannot heal him while the knight is active.

It appears to crack and damage viable as Ib uses the armor.

Semblance RP Example

Ib watches the small ursa running his way. he activates the knight. it has been damaged already and he looks at the cracks in his armor. The beast hits him, the tusks cracking his skin and he grimaces before delivering a series of punches. each punch the knight cracks, but after 4 punches he deactivates it and does an un-enhanced punch right to the face, taking the beast out. He crosses his arms and starts jogging away before the pack comes.

Semblance Rolls
Buff: +7 defense, +3 offense.
Instant cast time
Lasts 3 turns
Takes 3 turns to cool down
caveat: If the ability isn't deactivated on the 2nd turn, it will take 5 turns to cool down
Last edited by zekeinnovia on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
zekeinnovia

Re: Onyx character sheet

Postby zekeinnovia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:23 am

Realizing nobody would get the last name, I changed Ib to his nickname, and his first name is onyx.
zekeinnovia

Postby Gamergraph » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 am

Wait.... Then there's two Onyxes... :O
Gamergraph

Postby zekeinnovia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:41 am

Gamergraph wrote:Wait.... Then there's two Onyxes... :O

Hahah oh well :D. Anyways did you like the Character Sheet?
zekeinnovia

Postby Miyuki » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:20 am

well first off, you have to start as a first year. So no being in your senior year. Honestly I don't even know why the class option is there, seems useless.

Also, can you explain how you plan to handle damage to the armor? And I would say that it can be applied for a max of 10 turns. 20 turns and only 3 to cool off is a lot. And I would say it takes 3 turns even if it isn't shattered. Just as a buffer. If he chose to put it down then it shouldn't be a problem I would presume he's safe at that point.
Miyuki

Re: [Student] Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali WIP- zekeinnovia

Postby TrinDiesel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Went over the semblance roll rules with onyx. massive overhall much tighter and focused now. Going to have to talk to mira about baallannce... >.> 10 turns? reeeaaallllyy?

if nothing looks changed, just still waiting for his changes to update.
TrinDiesel

Re: [Student] Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali WIP- zekeinnovia

Postby zekeinnovia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 pm

After much explaining and help (thank you trin) I feel this is now my finished draft
zekeinnovia

Re: [Student] Onyx 'Ib' Ogbunabali - zekeinnovia

Postby Peke » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 am

Moved to archive.
Grant that I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, or to be loved as to love with all my heart.
Peke
Site Admin

Return to Archived